Accessibility statement for Stronger Futures
This accessibility statement applies to the primary domain: strongerfutures.co.uk
The website complies with the WCAG 2.1 AA standard for accessibility as a minimum.
This website is run by Portsmouth City Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. As part of accessibility changes, you can:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand, and aim to adhere to the national average reading age of 9.
How accessible is the website
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- video streams do not have captions or transcripts
- some of our online services are hosted via third parties and you may find them difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 5 days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘Civic Offices’ page, call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements,
If you’re not satisfied with how we’ve dealt with your problem, you can find information on a making a complaint here.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Find out how to contact us.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Portsmouth City Council is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Any new PDFs (our universal format for documents on the website) that are published will meet accessibility standards.
- Some of our resource documents, such as posters, are designed to be downloaded and printed, so these may not be fully accessible.
- Issues with video and audio
- Live video streams do not have captions or transcripts. We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
Our main website platform, is available at:
The website uses a Joomla content management system with content updates managed by children's services at Portsmouth City Council.